While most of the revenue categories are self explanatory a few need a little help.
- Lease income is annual fees paid to the PRV by residential and commercial leaseholders
- Assignment Fees are the revenues made when leases are transferred. Example: when a house on the reservoir sells the PRV collects $190 to transfer the lease into the buyers name.
- Misc Income would be things like franchise fees from cable tv companies and revenue from the recent seismic activity on and around the lake.
- Development Cost Recovery is the "up front" money paid by a person or company that leases land from the PRV.
- MMEIA Water Line Contract is the money received to provide water to the Nissan Plant.
- Misc Grant is money received from governmental or private agencies.
The difference is in the way grant money is accounted for.
The PRVWSD prepares an expense budget based on an assumption of receiving grant money. If a grant is received over the course of the year it can't be spent unless it was projected on the expense budget.
The net is this, grants are an unknown. If they don't get grant money from the feds then their annual expenses will track very close to the projected $13.7 revenue total.
Lastly is head count. The PRVWSD budget show 117 full time employees and 1 temporary. The employees fall into the following categories.
- 62 maintenance
- 19 administrative
- 11 police force
- 25 parks/campgrounds
The Rez News
Ross Barnett Reservoir