Below are the minutes from the regular PRVWSD Board of Directors' meeting in June 2016. There is a lot to digest here. Highlights include:
- Six waterfront lots in the Gardens of Windward Bluff were reconstituted to form 4 larger lots to make them easier to market.
- The Board approved MDOT's Memorandum of Understanding which discussed grant funding for a variety of improvements to existing facilities at various locations around the Rez. $647,593 is the amount currently available, which would not cover all desired improvements; therefore, the staff will prioritize the improvements.
- Spending of $8,670 was approved for a littoral survey of the Rez.
- The Board discussed termination of the wastewater contract with the City of Jackson, and to join with the West Rankin Utility Authority in the construction of a new facility. The Board voted to support the WRUA's actions, and the vote passed unanimously.
- The Board approved an engineering proposal for $850,000 in improvements to Timberlake Campground. Projects in the proposal include improved lighting, street resurfacing, a walking trail within Lakeshore Park, a new entrance for the Rez YMCA and a floating dock.
- The Board approved a grant agreement which would completely fund the placement of solar powered recyclable trash compactors at Timberlake Campground, Turtle Point Nature Area and Rankin Landing boat ramp. The grant was secured by Keep the Rez Beautiful.
- The Board is seeking a new electrical contractor for the PRVWSD.